Glastonbury Music Festival
Worthy Farm in Glastonbury, England
By Rachel Greif and Emily Ma
The Glastonbury Music Festival first started in 1970, the day after Jimi Hendrix died. The admission was only £1. Michael Eavis is the founder of the Glastonbury Music Festival and it is held on his farm every year.
Most people who attend the Glastonbury Music Festival like to camp out over the two day period of the festival.
The Glastonbury Music Festival's purpose is for entertainment. The highlight of the festival is watching some of the biggest names in music performing on the Pyramid Stage and camping out with other music lovers. Being the band/performer to close the festival is considered an honor. There is a wide variety of music played every year, and in addition to that, Glastonbury offers a diverse assortment of foods.“From the Far East to the Wild Wild West to good old proper English Country grub. The choice is yours with around two hundred and fifty food stalls on site.” The festival is always held sometime in June and the 2014 festival will be held from June 25-29th. There are no sacrifices or specific colors associated with this festival.
- Glastonbury Music Festival is the world's largest open air arts and music festival.
- At the 2013 Glastonbury Festival 3 million gallons of water were drunk
- Glastonbury uses 30 megawatts (a single city could use that much and function properly.
- The site covers more than 900 acres.
- All 120,000 of the 2014 tickets sold out in 1 hour and 27 minutes.