Organ System Presentation
The Digestive system Eric's presintation
I will be explaining to you how the digestive system works.
1. When you eat food it is chewed into smaller bits by your teeth, this is called mechanical digestion, then the siliva in you mouth helps make the food soft for you to swallow the food
2. Then the food will move down your throat and that ball of food is called the bolus and moves down to the stomach where chemical digestion begins.
3. When the food particles reach the stomach from the esophahus, the food particles mixes with stomach acid and enzymes to break down food even more with the stomach acid, this is known as chemical digestion the 2nd form of digestion the food the good goes through in the body
4.When the food has been dissolved enough, the food goes to the small intestines where most of the digestion takes place in the body and gives the body fats, protein and carborahdrates. The digestion is of the nurtrients is helped by a liquid called the bile the small intestines absorb the food.
The bile is a yellowish greenish liquid that spearts the nurtienst from the food so the nurtrients can be asorbed and circulated through your body through the blood stream. The bile is formed in in the liver and then stored in the parcreas which hold digestive enszimes to help the nurtirnts to be sepertaed from the food.
The Liver not only helps make the bile, it also destroys harmful bactriea from the blood to keep the body healthy
7. Large intestines
What isn't digested moves on to the large intestines, where the water is removed and turned into feces, feces is the left over food
8. The rectum
The rectum is the final stage of digestion where all the food that is turned into feces goes in the rectum and exist out of the anus
Organ System Presentation
9. small intestines- it absorbs about 90% of the nurtients from our food. The small intestines is acutually 1inch in diameter hence its name and it is about 10ft long.
10. The small intestines are made of 3 parts, ileum, duedoum and jejum
The dudeuom is the first part of the small intestine and one of the most important parts of digestion, the dudeuom ly digested food known as chyme from the stomach and plays a vital role in the chemical digestion of chyme in preparation for absorption in the small intestine
The ileum is the middle of the small intestines.Most of the nutrients present in food are absorbed by the jejunum before being passed on to the ileum for further absorption
The ileum is the final part of the small intestines, its where the last of the nutrients are absorbed before entering the large inestines
11. The main part of digestion is to digest food to make energy for the body to work and to be healthy
12. There is a little sack at the bottom of the large intestines called the appendix which has really has no part in digestion, it holds a poison in your and if it burst you will feel pain in you body and you need to see a docter or an appendix bust could prove fatal, look at the picture of the large intestines on 8. at the bottom to see the appendix
13. The epiglottis is a felxibal flap at the end of the larnx in the throat, it acts as a switch between the larynx and the epophagus to permit air to enter to the lungs and food to pass into the gastrointestinal tract. It also protects the body from chocking on food that would normaly obstruct the airway
14. There are 2 types of digestion mechanical and chemical digestion. Mechanical digestion is the teeth mashing the food into smaller bits, this is mechanical digestion, chemical digestion is the stomach acid which breaks down food even more.
Ending- This is how the digestion a food happens from the mouth to the rectum, this presentation showed you where the food goes in your body from point a to point b and how digestion is important for your body to grow and be healthy.