Nihilism: Rejection of religious and moral principals
Nihilism is often associated with atheism and emphasizes efficiency and science. There are varying degrees of nihilism: ranging from political nihilism (promotion for the destruction of political, social, and religious organizations) to existential nihilism (the belief that life has no meaning. Ethical nihilism rejects the possibility of absolute morals.
Nihilists believe that ignorance is the true evil and that all human problems can be solved through the application of science. Nihilism also led to positivism and materialism.
I Don't Care
Nihilistic song. The only lyrics are:
I don't care about this world
I don't care about that girl
On a small scale, the Lots-O' Huggin' Bear from Toy Story 3 is a Nihilistic character. He has no beliefs, other than hatred for all humans. A famous line of his is: "I didn't throw you away, your kid did. Ain't one kid that ever loved a toy really. Chew on that when you're at the dump!"
Nihilism vs Christian Worldview
Question 1: What is prime reality -- the really real?
1. expresses same views as Naturalism
2. Physical/material world; the tangible things
3. Reality has no value
4. God does not exist
1. A triune, all-knowing, all-powerful God
2. the universe in which God created out of nothing
Question 5: Why is it possible to know anything at all?
1. there really isn't; all knowledge and truth is denied
1. to know the truth, one must understand God's goals -- those are the ultimate truths
2. The Bible, containing the teachings of God, contains the information needed in order to understand the truths of life
3. God is the source of our knowledge; he, as an all-knowing God, has given us knowledge by creating us in the image and likeness of Him.
Question 6: How do we know what is right and wrong?
1. discards all sense of ethical right or wrong; usually takes a morally neutral stance even in the act of killing someone
1. Christians are told not to make relativity judgments about others. Instead, Christians understand that the standard of morality is not defined by a set list of rules.
2. morality is defined by God's character
3. It is the wanting to be like Jesus or God that leads people not to cheat, lie, or steal
Question 7: What is the meaning of human history?
1. Absolutely none. They negate the meaning of everything.
1. History is crucial to understanding the key tenets of Christianity
2. Bible: historical accounts of cities, most of events -- death of Jesus on cross -- and cultural customs -- Jewish Purity Laws -- are accurate
a. historically accurate (many eyewitnesses)
b. there has not been evidence strong enough, if any, to deny its accuracy
i) Bible is historically accurate, so are the events, people and knowledge inside it.
This then is the commandment, the statutes and the ordinances, which the LORD, your God, has commanded that you be taught to observe in the land you are about to cross into to possess
Nihilism don't believe in any religion or any morals of religion. They believe that at life has no meaning and are very aethiest. They believe in Darwinism and believe that because humans have found a way to stop natural selection for humans we no longer have anything the to give the world, and have no reason to live