Reminders, Ideas, and Thoughts to Ponder...
Enjoy your 3 day weekend!
1. A BIG thank you to Jennifer Walker and Maria Ortiz, Testing Coordinator Supremes, for their hard work in preparing for a smooth and successful 2 days of STAAR testing ! You both are much, much appreciated!
2. Another BIG thank you to all the staff that also ensured their students felt confident and were well monitored during these rigorous 2 days of testing!
3. Next Thursday, April 9th from 9:30-10:30, Jamey Majewski, Principal at CCHS, and Jerry Herd, Principal at CCI, will be coming over to tour our classrooms here at Ferguson. This is part of the work we are doing to work closely with our feeder schools and open up lines of communication. Just do your thing! :)
4. Please congratulate our Team Leaders for 2015-16: Kinder: Sami Gilliam, First Grade: Laruen Nye, Second Grade: Tiffany Beinlich, Third Grade: Susan Pugh, Fourth Grade: David Herring, Fifth Grade: Gretchen Meyer, Specials: Cheryl Moore and Cindy Hoefer, Block: Karen Parker, Counselor: Amy Laird, Lit. Coach: Joanna Liska, Admin: Jennifer Walker and myself; LTC: Sooz Williams
5. Interested in hearing more about how to instill resilience and grit in your students? Check this out!
6. "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you will never grow." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "One should be more concerned about what his conscience whispers than about what other people shout." -Unknown
8. "Dream big dreams, then put on your overalls and go out and make the dreams come true." -Fred Van Amburgh