After you complete this learning unit, you will be able to:
- Discuss research findings that correlate social presence with improved online learning and student satisfaction.
- Explore the role of empathy in designing online learning experiences that are meaningful for students.
- Identify at least one tool from the "Tool Buffet" guide (see button in left course menu) you could use to encourage frequent and ongoing peer-to-peer engagement (QOLT Objective 4.4).
- Identify at least one tool from the "Tool Buffet" that enables student engagement and active learning (QOLT Objective 6.3).
- Demonstrate fundamental digital literacy skills by authoring and sharing a public webpage that integrates ideas communicated through writing and video.
- Reflect on your experiences in this class and identify key strategies you will incorporate into your online course design and facilitation.
Click on the button in the lower right corner to move to the next page in this module.