After you complete this learning unit, you will be able to:
- Define social presence.
- Discuss research findings that correlate social presence with improved learning and student satisfaction in online classes.
- Explore the role of empathy in designing meaningful and inclusive online learning experiences.
- Identify at least one tool from the "Humanizing Tool Buffet" you could use to encourage frequent and ongoing peer-to-peer engagement (QOLT Objective 4.4).
- Identify at least one tool from the "Tool Buffet" that enables student engagement and active learning (QOLT Objective 6.3).
- Demonstrate fundamental digital literacy skills by authoring and sharing a public webpage that integrates ideas communicated through writing and video.
- Reflect on your experiences in this class and identify key strategies you will incorporate into your online course design and facilitation.
Click on the button in the lower right corner to move to the next page in this module.