The Top Three Simple Yet Best Baking Recipes For Beginners
Have you recently discovered the joy of baking? As a beginner, we look for simple baking recipes that can easily satisfy the call of baking and of course, the need to devour the treats we made.
Below are the top three simple yet best baking recipes for all newbie bakers out there:
White cakes are staples in baking. The light and sweet flavor of this cake makes it a favorite. It is also a simple baking recipe perfect for beginner bakers. This recipe takes about 20 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking.
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
2. Grease and sprinkle flour on a 9×9 inch pan. You can also line the pan with paper liners.
3. In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter. After creaming the sugar and butter, beat in the eggs and add the vanilla extract.
4. Pour in the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix.
5. Add the milk into the cake batter and the texture becomes soft.
6. Pour the batter into the pan.
7. Bake the batter for 30 minutes in the over. You’ll know the cake is good to go when it springs back to your touch.
Glazed lemon pound cake
Glazed lemon pound cakes are famous for their citrusy and buttery flavor. This is also a simple baking recipe for beginners.
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
6 tablespoons of lemon juice
6 large eggs
1 cup of plain full-fat Greek yoghurt
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2.Spread butter and flour on a 12-cup pan.
3.In a bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4.Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high until light and fluffy Do this for 3 to 4 minutes.
5.Beat in 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Add the eggs, one at a time.
6.Reduce the speed of the mixer to low then add half the flour mixture.
7.Pour in the yogurt and the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
8.Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes. You’ll know the cake is good to go if you insert a toothpick in the center then it comes out clean.
9.Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes.
10.In a bowl, whisk the confectioners’ sugar and 1 of the remaining tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth
11.Add the remaining lemon juice to create a thick yet pourable glaze.
Another simple baking recipe is the vanilla cake. The light flavor of the vanilla cake goes well with strawberries and whipped cream. This recipe takes about 10 minutes of preparation time and 40 minutes of cooking.
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line two 9-inch round cake pans. Place a parchment paper onto the pan and grease the paper and the sides of the pan well.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together, using an electric mixer, until slightly thickened. Beat for around a minute.
4. Pour the flour, milk, oil, baking powder, and vanilla and beat for another minute until the batter is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour batter into the prepared baking pans and bake them in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the tops of the cake show a golden colder. The cake is good to go when you insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
6. and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out clean.
7. Using a thin knife, loosen the sides of the cake from the pan then turn out onto a rack and peel off the paper.
8. Before covering the cake with frosting and adding strawberries, let it cool first.