Global Positioning System
Nour Akl and India Woods
1) There are always at least 24 active GPS satellites circling Earth
2) Each GPS satellite goes around the world once every 12 hours
3) The first GPS satellite was launched in 1978.
How Radio Waves Are Used in GPS Signals
The GPS satellites in space transfer radio waves back and forth from your device back to the satellites and input your location into your device by the signal the satellites receive.
- GPS satellites circle the earth twice a day in a very precise orbit.
- GPS can track anything anywhere on the planet with direct locations!
- GPS also makes it easier to find oil, coal, and track wildlife!
- GPS technology was first identified in the 1950s! A lot earlier than what most people might think!