Sheronica B. Sharp - Rocky Mount Middle School
CCM8 and CCMI
Students completed Tackk assignments about themselves to get familiar with the program. After becoming familiar with Tackk, the students created a Tackk showing the steps of how to solve a system of linear equations.
8.EE.C.8: Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.8.EE.C.8b: Solve systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically, and estimate solutions by graphing the equations. Solve simple cases by inspection. For example, 3x + 2y = 5 and 3x + 2y = 6 have no solution because 3x + 2y cannot simultaneously be 5 and 6.8.EE.C.8c: Solve real-world and mathematical problems leading to two linear equations in two variables. For example, given coordinates for two pairs of points, determine whether the line through the first pair of points intersects the line through the second pair.
Objectives: Students will ......
- Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Solve systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically using substitution.
1. Creativity and Innovation
2. Communication and Collaboration
3. Research and Information Fluency
4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
5. Digital Citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
All about me Tackk