function: The integumentary system is the organ system that protects the body from various kinds of damage.
parts of the system: this consists of the skin, hair, nails, and exocrine glands
- You skin sends indicators.
- Every month you have a whole new layer of skin.
- Your eyelids have the thinnest skin.
- You will shed 40lbs of skin in a lifetime.
- Hair grows 1cm per month https://sites.google.com/site/integumentarysystem3... How the system helps to maintain homeostasis: Increased secretion of perspiration helps cool the body http://quizlet.com/14777649/chapter-5-the-integumentary-system-flash-cards/
The Integumentary System retain body fluids, protect against disease, eliminate waste products, and regulate body temperature. In order to do all of these things this system works with all the other body systems, each have a roll to play so the body can survive.
Some of the deasses and problems this system has is that they can cause skin cancer. Also this system is where ringworms will be. Another thing is that it will have bad bacterial infections.