Selena Quintanilla was an american song writer . She was named "top Latin artist of the 90s".
Selena was born April 16, 1971. She died March 31, 1995.
- Selena was the youngest of 3 children born to a Mexican american fatherand a half- Cherokee native american mother.
- She was raised as a Jehovah witness
- She began singing at age 3
When Selena moved to Texas she started performing where ever she could . Weddings , street corners , quinceanearas , and fairs. The more she performed the more she was wanted to perform at events by people. In 1985 when Selena was 14 years old she recorded her first album for a record company
- At the tejano music awards in 1987 , She won the best female vocalist award.
- A registered nurse and fan named Yolanda Saldivar talked to Selena's father into creating a fan club . He approved and she became the clubs president.
- Later Yolanda became the manager of Selena's retail enterprises.
- In 1992 , Selena's stardom got a big boost because of her new songs and albums. One of her albums got nominated for a Grammy in 1994.
- In 1995, Yolanda got fired because she was caught embezzling money from Selena's fan club . 3 weeks later Selena agreed to meet Yolanda in a motel to get financial records Yolanda had been refusing to turn over. Yolanda shot Selena in the shoulder and hit an artery and Selena died from loss of blood.
This is a picture gallery video
This is her performance