Persuasive Essay with Media Assignment
To create a persuasive essay on Tackk that includes images to enforce the main ideas of the essay.
1. Identify a controversial topic in the Opposing Viewpoints Database under Browse Issues tab.
2. Research information on chosen issue in the Opposing Viewpoints Database and collect all sources and information in Noodletools.com. Turn in Works Cited Page and Note Cards page on due dates. See Below.
3. Complete Persuasive Essay with media (images, videos, gifs) to reinforce the main ideas of the essay on Tackk.
Tuesday 4/21/15- Works Cited Page (minimum 2 Sources)
Wednesday 4/22/15- Note Cards Page (minimum 4 note cards/ 2 each source)
Friday 4/24/15- Completed Tackk with essay and images
Persuasive Essay Format
- Introduction to get reader thinking about the issue (major causes, dates, history, etc.) with thesis statement that states your position on the issue with 2 supporting main ideas/reasons to justify your thinking.
- Reason #1 that supports your position on the issue. Include examples and details to support your thinking. This is where you research/facts should be included based on reason #1.
- Reason #2 that supports your position on the issue. Include examples and details to support your thinking. This is where you research/facts should be included based on reason #2.
- Call to action/Conclusion. This is where you will offer a solution to the problem/issue or tell the reader what he or she can do next in order to get involved or contribute to ending the issue/problem. What can society do to fix the problem/issue?