Principles of the Declaration
Consent of the Governed and Unalienable Rights
- SS: Analyze important principles in the Declaration of Independence, including inalienable rights and government by consent of the governed
- CCSS: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
Create a project using the tool of your choice to demonstrate your understanding of the principles of consent of the governed and unalienable rights. This project will serve as your assessment for this unit.
Address the following items somewhere within your presentation:
- Explain the ideas of unalienable rights and government by consent.
- Why does a just government need consent of the governed?
- Who is responsible for protecting or guaranteeing our unalienable rights?
- Are the principles of unalienable rights and government by consent in the Declaration outdated, or are they still true today?
- Do these principles matter to you? If so, how and why?
This should be a short (1-2 minute) presentation, movie, website, or project that you will share with your teacher and possibly the class.
NO GOOGLE PRESENTATIONS OR DOCS, POWERPOINT or PREZI! Be creative and use a more INTERACTIVE tool/program.
- Must address the 5 bulleted items above
- Must be interesting, have visuals, multimedia, and minimal text
- Must effectively share information about the principles in a unique, informative, and engaging way
- Must give credit to any sources used
Level 4 Requirements:
Include information about other historical documents or people that have been influenced by the Declaration of Independence.
Add a way for your audience to respond:
- Kahoot or Socrative to "quiz" or survey
- Twitter question/hashtag
- Google+ community - polling feature