Halo: The Fall of Reach
Eric Nylund is a science fiction writer who has written numerous halo novels, and other book realted to the genre.
- This book is the prequel to the first halo game in the series, making it a good choice for somone that has not played any of the games yet.
- The story is generally in the same universe as ours with refernces to earth but in the distant future.
- The main plot follows the main character john, who go's through a secret augmented soldier program starting from a young age. These super soldiers go on to be called "Spartans" being overall more powerful then the average marine.
- John seems to have more luck on his side, as it is hinted at and demonstrated multiple times.
- Overall interesting development of character throughout the story
- "Using a coin, she tests John's reflexes by flipping the coin in the air and having him identify the side it will land on. John catches it and correctly identifies the side: the eagle. During this time, Halsey gives John the coin, which is later taken from him."
-"A leader must be ready to send the soldiers under his command to their deaths"
The Planet Reach
I would recomend this book to anyone who likes military science fiction or is interested in the video game series.