ABC's of Culture
By Denver Lauer
A picture of Ireland
- Ireland produces many vegetables, fresh dairy products, breads, and the catch and eat seafood. Potato's are a very common food you eat in Ireland.
- Smoked salmon is considered a special meal and Irish stew. They also eat crubeens (pig feet) and colcannon (potato's cabbage)
- Tea is the most common drink in Ireland. Breakfast in Ireland has bacon and eggs. Meats like chicken, pork, beef, and lamb are eaten at dinner
A pig feet ( crubeens)
- Traditional folklore is Irish Gaelic/ records tell stories of departed saints, ghosts, and fairies.
- Music tradition is thousand s of year's old. Instruments you can find in Ireland are flute's, bag pipes, fiddles, button accordions, concertinas, harps, celic drums, and penny whistles.
- Musicians in Ireland are U2, Sinead O'Connor, The Cranberries, and The Frames.
Tinker bell because they believe in fairy's
A fairy from the tooth fairy movie
- Earth tones and warm colors are worn in Ireland
- Sweaters and woven clothing are popular because of the cool climate in Ireland
- Not heavy rain weir is common when you live/ travel in Ireland
What woman where in Ireland
What men where in Ireland
- A bungalow is a modern Ireland house (1 storie structure) shows middle class Irish living
- In Irish country sides there are traditional thatched-roofed cottages
- Home owner ship is highly valued , and people who usually rent homes in Ireland usually by a how in the future in the country and they would drive themselves into the city for work
A Irish town house
- Irish woman stay home and watch the kids and take care of the house. ( making dinner, laundry, etc.)
- a family can have 2 kids.
- a adult children do stuff for themselves and some times helps the parents and elder grandparents if they are in need.
A average Ireland family
Ireland family imagrating to the USA
Map image - image quest
Yum! image - image quest
Jammin image - image quest
Dress images - Woman - image quest
Men cloths image - image quest
Buildings image - image quest
Family image - image quest
That Ireland eats and has many different things than what we do in the USA.
Principle one relates to Ireland
Principle three relates to Ireland