2. Using tablets for content creation
2.1 An introduction to Learning Scenarios
The Seven Phases of Learning Scenarios
1. Dream – Introducing, understanding and questioning a design brief
2. Explore (Benchmark/Observation) – Collecting information in relation to the design brief
3. Map – Creating a mindmap to understand relations between the collected information
4. Reflect – Recording audio-visual reflections and feedback
5. Make – Creating a design
6. Ask – Performing workshops with people who may represent future users of the design
7. Show – Publishing and presenting designs to an audience
8. Collaborate – Forming ad-hoc collaborations with learners of other schools
(From: iTEC Cycle 4 Learning Stories & Activities)
Develop – To expand the expertise and competence of the teacher.
Inspire – To evoke shared experiences and the feeling of being part of a meaningful endeavour.
Coach – To offer advice and guidance to the students.Listen – To carefully consider students’ interests and needs in shaping classroom activities.
Question – To challenge students’ assumptions by asking open ended questions.
Support – To step in and offer practical, hands-on support.
Assess – To evaluate students’ achievements based on collaboratively designed criteria.
Learning Scenarios is a very useful template to organize and to support the learning activities. It gives a sure guide to the teachers and students and it makes their job more simple and effective.
2.2 Introduction to content creation
I produce many kinds of content to sustain the learning activity of my students. For instance I make many flipped lessons since 2011 and publisch them online in my YouTube account. this is the playlist with my philosphy lessons that conteins 29 video lessons about philosophy
Online Learning Environment
I made a Learning Environment for my students and i using it in my teaching activity. In this online environment my students can find many resources as: video lessons, conceptual maps, presentations, etc. many of these contents werw made by the students. I called this online learning environment jokingly "S.E.S.S.O." (in English Sex) a acronym for "Sistema Educativo e Servizi scolastici online", in english "Educational System and Online School Services". You can explore this online elarning environment following at this link S.E.S.S.O. and discover many examples of ducational contents crated with web applications.
2.3 What kind of content can we create with tablets?
I produce many kinds of content to sustain the learning activity of my students. For instance I make many flipped lessons since 2011 and publish them online in my YouTube account. This is the playlist with my philosphy lessons that conteins 29 video lessons about philosophy: Video Lezioni di Filosofia
In the video lesson below you can see my last lesson about an introduction to the Nietzsche's philosophy
I made a Learning Environment for my students and i using it in my teaching activity. In this online environment my students can find many resources as: video lessons, conceptual maps, presentations, etc. many of these contents werw made by the students. I called this online learning environment jokingly "S.E.S.S.O." an acronym for "Sistema Educativo e Servizi scolastici online", in english "Educational System and Online School Services".
2.4 Apps for content creation
I'm a content curator, my main interest is use of the web in education. I think that adding technology not automatically improve learning but. The question is adjust tecnology to learning, not learning to technology. To achieve this goal the practice of the "content curation" is a good strategy.
My topic about learning and technology on Scoop.it
My Zeef library of educational apps and web tools
2.5 Live webinar: tablets and parental involvement
The recording fo the webinar about Parental involvment in the use of tablets, published in EUN YouTube Channel. three teachers speak of their experience to involve parents in the use of tablets in school. Video duration 57:23
This webinar is a good resource to reflect about how to involve parents. The Parents' support, is one of the most important factors for the success of tablets implementation in classroom, it gives an aid:
# to resolve cost problem of the tablets
# to encourage teachers and students in using of the tablets
# to help school to overcome this difficult challange
2.7 Module Activity
My Answers to the Modules questions
Question n° 1: an idea for a piece of content you can produce with your class that has a purpose beyond the classroom activity.
My Idea for a project about content creation is this:
1. students explore some philosophical theory about beauty (for example: Plato, Aristotle and other similar theories) and they make presentations or conceptual maps about them, using mobile apps
2. they search in the web, with their tablets, works of art like: paintings, sculptures, architectural works, landscapes, etc.
3. Then, they create a gallery of images or a presentation where they have to match every image with a theory about beauty
4. In this step, students explore the environment where they live and they seek real landscapes, works of arts, etc.. Then they make a video or take photographs.
5. Finally they have to make a work with their tablets using apps like: Tackk, Prezi, Emaze, Mindomo, Padlet, Popplet, etc.
@ The students have to work in groups of three or four members.
@ The hole development of this learning project must be provided by a diary like that one used in this course
Question n° 2: an actual piece of content that you can use as an example for a content creation project in your classroom.
My Actual Content: "Dietro La linea Gotica". This is a content that I made for an History Project. My K13 students will make presentations about contemporary history with Prezi and Emaze.
2.8 Module 2 Quiz
Your result in the test was: 85%
You have passed the test.