Biotic Factors : Living factors in an ecosystem
Snakes Frogs Butterflies
Insects Trees Lizards
Abiotic- Non-living things in an ecosystem
Cold air Dry air Cold water
Ice Snow Rock Sunlight
The animals in the rain forest need food, water, shelter to live.
Water & predators
1. The rain forest producers are plants and the primary consumers are: bullfrogs, grasshoppers, and beetles. Next, secondary consumers are baboons and snake. Finally, a tertiary consumer is a leopard.
2. The plants in the rain forest get their energy from the sun then go through photosynthesis while the bullfrogs, beetles, and bugs devour the plants. After that, the energy then gets passed on to the baboons and snakes then the leopard.
3. The sun gives chemical energy to plants witch then gets turned into thermal and mechanical energy.
Food chains and food webs
1. Food webs show more food options and is multiple food chains together
2. If you took away plants everything would die :/
Trophic Levels and Energy Pyramids
1. Tertiary= 1 kcal Secondary Consumer= 10 kcal Primary Consumer= 100 kcal Producers= 1000 kcal
2. The energy pyramid is shaped the way it is because, the most important stuff is at the bottom and is the biggest level.
3. The producers are at the bottom of the pyramid because they're the start of the energy flow, and the energy flow is given to the predators of the environment and provide food, water, and oxygen for each other.
4. The producers are bigger than the predators is because, the environment needs more producers than anything to survive.
CO2 + H2O --->C6H12O6 + O2
Tropisms are directional movement responses that occur in response to a directional stimulus. Plants are not able to relocated if they happen to start growing where conditions are suboptimal.
Hydrotropism= movement or growth in response to moisture or water.
Heliotropism= movement or growth in response to sunlight.
Thigmotropism= movement or growth in response to touch or contact.
Tropism helps plants adapt and live in their environment and survive longer.
Decomposers are important because, their kind of like recycle bins for the ecosystem and they eat stuff and reuse it to grow plants.
Decomposers in the rainforest include: saprophytes, mycorrhizas, termites,leaf-cutter ants.
Adaptations are characteristics that help organisms survive. Types of adaptations are: behavioral= responses made by an organism in any situation, physiological= characteristics of a healthy of normal functioning of the body, structural= organic structure.
Organisms being placed in a different environment could not only die but, could make the organisms around it die and maybe ruin the order of things and make the ecosystem crash.
Natural selection is the process by which biologic traits become more or less common in a population due to consistent effects upon the survival or reproduction of their bearers. It is a key mechanism of evolution. In an ecosystem where there are red bugs and green bugs, and predators mainly eat red bugs after awhile, there are many green bugs and few red bugs. The green bugs reproduce and make more green bugs and eventually there are no more red bugs.