Pneumonia/ Respiratory System
BY: Victoria Knight
Pneumonia is an infection that inflames the air sacs in one or both lungs. The air sacs may fill with fluid or pus , causing cough with phlegm or pus, fever, chills, and difficulty breathing.
- Your respiratory system is made up of the organs in your body that help you to breathe. Remember, thatRespiration = Breathing. The goal of breathing is to deliver oxygen to the body and to take away carbon dioxide. Parts of the respiratory system Lungs.
Signs and symptoms of pneumonia may include:
- Fever, sweating and shaking chills
- Cough, which may produce phlegm
- Chest pain when you breathe or cough
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea