When any kind of race makes fun of another race because of their color.
1. During the past 500-1000 years, racism on the part of Western powers toward non-Westerners has had a far more significant impact on history than any other form of racism.
2. In the second half of the 19th century, Darwinism, the decline of Christian belief, and growing immigration were all perceived by many white Westerners as a threat to their cultural control.
3. Racism has existed throughout human history.
4. This belief was not "automatic": that is, Africans were not originally considered inferior.
5. One important feature of racism, especially toward Blacks and immigrant groups, is clear in attitudes regarding slaves and slavery.
How it Happens/What Causes It
The economic and social status of certain ethnic groups is a contributing factor to the cause of racism along with the lack of diversity in certain areas and cities. Also at school people call you racist names at school. It can be at restaurants too. It can be caused in the bathrooms.
Some symptoms are not going to school or scared to go to school. Some signs are emotional problems. Another one is not wanting to talk to anyone. Also not participating. And their grades might start to drop.
Who helps people who suffer from racism and what do they do to help
Humanitarians help people who deal with racism and they talk to the kid. Also they tell their parents to look out for them. Another one is a group called NAACP. They help with civil rights and help black men get the education they need.
Why is it important for people to know about racism
Its important because people need to know about this. So one reason is what someone doesn't want to go to school. Or what someone thinks there is no worth living. And they kill there selves or attempt to. That's why its important to know about racism.
The problem was they would walk by Alfred and call them the N word. And they thought just because hes black he robbed the store so the cops stopped him.