Patriotic Mason Jar Luminaries
- Glass jars
- Red, white and blue acrylic paint
- White piece of paper
- Black sharpie
- Contact Paper
- Clear gloss sealer spray
1. Draw a star on a piece of paper. Place the drawing underneath a piece of Contact paper. Trace the star onto the Contact paper, one for each jar.
2. Cut the star out and peel off the backing. Place the star onto the jar and press to make sure there are no air bubbles and that all corners are pressed down.
3. Paint jar with one coat of acrylic paint and let dry completely.
4. Make sure the paint is dry before peeling the contact paper off. Pipe glitter glue around the star and let dry several hours. Spray with gloss sealer and let dry. Give the jar two more coats of sealer spray, allowing it to dry for 20 mintues between coats. Tie twine around the rim of each jar.
Variations: use thin strips of contact paper to create stripes or small squares on your jar. Another option is to coat your jar with white glitter glue before spraying with sealer.