By:Johnny Boy Dominguez
Copyright is very important and so are many other words, like
1. Fair Use - exceptions and limitations to copyright law that allow the public to use portions of copyrighted material
ex. You go to a site and see a video, but it is just a small portion of a t.v program not the whole program
2. Hacking - accessing someone's computer without permission regardless of the activity or intent
ex. You see a person getting on someone else's computer trying to get into their accounts or get passwords from some other account.
3. Copyright - the owner has control of what can be done with their intellectual property
ex. You are the owner of a video of some thing that is protected from copyright, you make a change to it or post it.
4. Intellectual Property - original work protected by copyright law
ex. You have work that is your property and it is protected by Copyright
5. Piracy - term used when music, movies and software are copied and "burned" illegally
ex. You have some music and movies and you decide to burn it to a CD.
6. Plagiarism - "stealing" someone else's work and pretending it's yours
You have a school project over a topic and you go to a site and copy paste all of the information from it and claim that its yours.
7. Public Domain - materials that are not protected by copyright law that can be used by the public without permission or payment
ex. You go watch a video for free and without permission online that is not protected by copyright.