10 effects on body
Raise blood pressure
Teeth unsightly and yellow
Chronic airway obstruction
90% of men’s lung cancer is from smoking
80% of women lung cancer is from smoking
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death, and
cigarette smoking causes most cases.
bronchitis or emphysema, a pair of commonly co-existing diseases of the
lungs in which the airways
swelling of the lining of the airways, leading to narrowing and obstruction
generally resulting in daily coughecome narrowed.
causing breathing impairment: a chronic medical disorder of the lungs in which
the air sacs are dilated or enlarged and lack flexibility, so that breathing is
impaired and infection sometimes occurs
1. Tobacco-dried leaves processed for smoking: the dried leaves of a plant of the nightshade family, processed primarily for smoking in cigarettes, cigars, and pipes
2. 9 chemicals in a cigarette
3. 3800 people under 18 begin smoking every day
4. carcinogens- A cancer-causing substance or agent.
5. More than 7,000 different chemicals have been found in tobacco and tobacco smoke. Among these are more than 60 chemicals known to cause cancer.
6. Nicotine withdrawal creates anxiety, irritability, headache, hunger, and a craving for cigarettes or other sources of nicotine.
7. Percentage of smokers who want to quit altogether is 70%