- DRY CLIMATE/DESERT (Dry and Cold)
- No permanent rivers
- Annual evaporation higher than precipitations
- FLORA (Plants)--- There is little vegetation, with exception of a few scanty shrubs.
- FAUNA (Animals)--- Camels, Scorpions, Coyote, Desert Tortoise, Rattlesnake, Roadrunner, Large Ugly Spiders, etc.
- Annual average temperature: < 18°C (65°F)
- Annual precipitation: < 250 mm (10 in.)
EXAMPLES OF LOCATIONS:
- Kyzyl Kum and Taklamakan deserts of Central Asia
- Dry parts of Great Basin Desert of western United States