Ways of life
- Algonquians used every part of the animal 1. They lived in Wigwams
- Boys learned to hunt at 2. Women made houses a very young age 3. They were made out of trees
- They had corn/popcorn 4.They had a hole in the roof
- Algonquians had maple syrup Transportation-
- Their lives depended on hunting 1.They had canoes 2.Canoes were made out of bark Clothing- Tools-
- Moccasins=shoes 1.Pottery
- Moccasins were made by American Indians 2 . They were made out of clay
- Moccasins were very soft and came up to the ankles Roles of men and women-
- Women-child care, gathering plants, and cooking
- Men-hunting,sometimes they went to war
- Both- Storytelling, artwork,and music
- The Algonquian indian tribe believed that great spirits blessed them with animals to eat.
- The Algonquins had Powwows to heal the sick and to call spirits to
come and help them.
- When having marriage the man gives the woman an animal bone
and the woman gives him an ear of corn.
- The Algonquians think a shaman had magic power and they think
the shaman could visit the underworld.
- Each Algonquian community lives on its own reserve or reservation
Reserves is land that belongs to the tribe and is legally under their
- The Algonquians did not live in tepees.For most of the years they
lived in settled villages of birch bark houses, called waginogans or
- The Algonquian indian chief was always a man, but today a woman
can be chief too.
- They told fairy tales
- Algonquians didn't farm much
- They spoke English and French
- Pronounce- Al-GON-kin