Be a Game Show Host
Increase Student Motivation
Provide Academic Feedback
Looking for a way to actively involve your students in review for upcoming assessments? This session is primarily for whole class instruction and will give you free resources and ready-made templates to engage student interest while incorporating technology tools and providing prompt high-quality feedback. This will be a fun and engaging atmosphere for students.
- Teachers will “put on a student hat” and participate in a Flipquiz.me Internet game.
- Teachers will successfully create a Flipquiz account and become familiar with basic navigation of the site.
- Teachers will become familiar with the CPS Challenge game and the steps to create a game to use as a review with their students.
- Teachers will learn how to create their class lists for The Hat and explore other ways of grouping.
- Teachers will become familiar with the Game Board Templates in Teacher Apps and how to insert their own content within the templates.
- Teachers will discover the Student Typing Games within Student Apps and recognize the importance of having students utilize these resources as an online test readiness tool.
- Teachers will investigate the multiple Internet Educational Game sites that I have listed in my Symbaloo.
Create a FlipQuiz account and you will activate the Search Feature. Use this feature to seach ready-made quizzes!
Plickers is a combination of the words “paper” and “clickers,” and that is essentially what they are, paper clickers. Here’s the basic premise. You print out, free of charge, the 40 different paper “clickers” from the Plickers website. You then download, again, free of charge, the Plickers App for your iOS or Android device.
On the website you will create an account and add your classes, assigning each student a number, from 1 to 40 and make sure that the correct student gets the correct number Plicker. Finally, you set-up a question(s) on your iOS or Android device, tied to a particular class, and then ask the students to orient their Plicker to the correct answer and hold it up. You then use your device’s camera to scan the room, instantly recording and graphing each student’s answer choice. This data is saved to the Plickers website so you can go back later and review it. It is really a simple way to formatively assess your classroom using nothing more than your SmartPhone or tablet.
Speaking from Experience....Plickers seem to work best in Mozilla Firefox!
Let's Play a Kahoot game over school rules!
Please realize that there are TWO platforms for Kahoot! There is a teacher platform and a student platform. Teachers go to Get Kahoot to create and launch the Kahoot. The teacher side is https://getkahoot.com/.
The student platform is for those participating in the Kahoot. The student side can be found at https://kahoot.it/