Tale of Two Cities Dictionary
1. Abolished: To get rid of... The king abolished slavery
2. Alluvial: To be made or composed of alluvium: a deposit of clay, silt, sand, and gravel deposited in a river valley... The pot was alluvial.
3. Codgers: and elderly man who is odd or eccentric... There were many codgers in the street.
4. Dolorous: feeling or expression of great sadness... Her face was dolorous as she sat crying
5. Foremost: best in rank, performance, or position... The winning race car was foremost.
6. Functionary: A person who has to perform official duties. An official... The functionary quieted the room as he started the meeting.
7. Indigent: Poor, needy... The indigent people were starving on the streets.
8. Interpose: A place or insert between one thing and another. or To intervene between two things... The soccer player interposed between two apposing players.
9. Meager: Small and lacking of quality... The food portions were very meager.
10. Miscreant: Someone who behaves badly and or breaks the law... That miscreant was being very rude at the party.