By : Carleigh G
The Holocaust started on January 30, 1933. Adolf Hitler was the man who was the cause of this horrible thing. It was a very rough time for Jews. The people who were in the concentration camps suffered and worked to their death. The people who survived worked hard and never gave up.
10 Interesting facts
1. Over 1.1 million children died during the Holocaust.
2. Approximately 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust
3. Prisoners at the Auschwitz concentration camp were given tattoos with a number so that they could be identified
4. 5,000 Jewish communities were wiped out during the Holocaust
5. There were different kinds of camps- Ghettos, Concentration camps, forced labor camps, extermination camps
6. Germans used Jewish people to perform medical experiments during the Holocaust
7. Arek Hersh is a holocaust survivor
8. Arek was born and brought up in Poland
9. Arek escaped and had to watch the children from the ghettos get gassed and put into graves
10. He and his family escaped and went and lived for two years so that the Germans could not find them
Arek Hersh Web
Allies were his hero because they took over the camps and removed Hitler from having power.
Why is it important for people to know about the survivors of the Holocaust.
It is important for people to know about these people because they went through hard times during the holocaust. Most of them had to watch family member or people getting killed. It is good to know who these people are because they are very important.