12/17/14 Advice & Gratitude
As news stories terrify us and as conditions get worse and worse on Animal Farm, it can get easy to feel mired down. When life is getting hard or sad, what advice do you have for people to feel more positive? Give at least three strategies.
One thing that I do is make a gratitude list. In addition to your three pieces of advice, list five things/people/places, etc. for which you are thankful.
I am grateful for -
1. Capable and funny students who make every day different and keep me on my toes.
2. Supportive administration and colleagues who are filled with encouragement and ideas.
3. A silly, dear 2 1/2 year old who can be exasperating but makes up for it a million-fold with sweet words, smooches, and ugga muggas.
4. A husband who cracks me up, is a good listener and thinker, and plays piano for me.
5. Pizza. Because, come on -