Training, Leadership Styles & Appraisal
Off the Job Training
This occurs when employees are taken away from their place of work to be trained. Common methods of off-the-job training include: Day release (employee takes time off work to attend a local college or training centre)
- no distractions
- It's different for the employees and more interesting
- You get to learn form an expert
- More exciting for employees
- You have to travel, which means you need to spend money on transport.
- Takes time
On the Job Training
On-the-job training (OJT) is a form of training taking place in a normal working situation. On-the-job training, sometimes called direct instruction, is one of the earliest forms of training .
- Saves money
- You pick up relevant skills
- You don't have to travel
- You get to learn from an expert
- You may get distracted by the people in your work place
- You may make mistakes
- Wastes time
Leadership Styles -
John F. Kenedy
JFK is an example of a democratic leader.
He exhibited general qualities necessary to be a democratic leader. Those qualities include the ability to give everyone a voice and to encourage creativity
The staff appraisal is a periodical advisory and support discussion between staff members and management, which also reaches agreements about objectives and the achievement of targets, which are then incorporated in target agreements.