5th Grade Parent Orientation
Welcome to Armand Bayou Fifth Grade!!!
- Must be in homeroom by 8:15 or tardy
- Early Access- Homeroom- 7:45-8:00
- Dreambox Lab 7:30-8 (Math program in computer lab)
- Child Nutrition
- Grading Procedures- Daily Grades 75%, Major/Assessments 20%, Homework 5%
- One Day Late(Max of 90), 2 Days Late(max of 80), then the student will have the option to complete the assignment in after school tutoring or study hall.
- One Day Late(Max of 90), 2 Days Late(max of 80), then a zero.
- Volunteers requested for many events. Must register online for security clearance.
- Fall Festival- October 8
- Winter Ball -Jan 28
- Room parents
- Phone calls home only for emergencies. Please keep an emergency fund in your child’s lunch account.
- No snacks in classrooms. Water Bottles must be filled with water and taken home on a weekly basis.
- Birthday treats at 2:30pm (Recess is from 2:45-3:00)
- Refer to the handbook for policies regarding make-up work.
- www.LivingTree.com is great for updates and a connection to the classroom
- Each switch team will email out a link to sign up for a conference; conference time is from 11:30-11:50.
- CCISD Parent Handbook has the information that you need
- CCISD4ME and Skyward
- Latitude to Learn Tablet
- Classdojo behavior
- Tuesday folders- Return on Wednesday with parent signature
- Planner is communication tool, we are going digital.
- Progress Reports will be digital this year. If you need a paper copy, you can change your settings on Skyward.
- Dismissal Procedures – any change in dismissal procedures must go through the front office. All dismissal changes must be Hand Written.
- Bad Weather Dismissal- All walkers/bikers become car riders. Please make sure that we have a updated contact, or appropriate alternate.
- Up to date emails and phone numbers are necessary
- Cell phones – check handbook for procedures
- The email avenue is the quickest and easiest way to contact us, except in case of change in dismissal.
- Hands-on learning using a reflective notebook
- Science Fair
- History of the US
- Memorizing the 50 states cumulatively, 10 at a time
- Living Museum in the Spring Semester
- Assigned on Monday and Due on Friday (handed out in class, extras available)
- Problem Solving/Real Life Math
- Weekly Reading Log 80 min each week, Cursive and Word Work
- Individualized and group instruction
Please schedule a conference with your student's homeroom teacher. We conference as a team, all three teachers. You can sign up using the GoogleDoc we have set up and will email out to you tonight.