By: Cheyenne Green
- Presidential #: 5
- President before him: James Madison
- President after him: John Quincy Adams
- Years served as President: 8
- His vice-president: Daniel D. Tompkins
- Political Party: Democratic-Republican Party
- Birthplace: Virginia
- He enrolled at the college of William and Mary but soon droped out to join rebellion against King George.
- Home tutored initailly and at the age of 16 was enrolled at Campbelltown Academy.
- Occupation/Profession (before becoming president): soldier, lawer, U.S senator, and governor of Virginia.
- James Monroe is dead.
- He died of Tuberculosis, Heart failure.
- He was the age of 73 (1758-1831)
- He died in New York City, NY.
- Came up with the Monroe Doctrine.
- Expanded U.S Territory via the acquinsition of Florida from Spain.
- Was the last president during the First Party System era of American politics and the last to be a Founding Father.
- Presided over the highly conterversal Missouri Compromise of 1820, which admitted Missouri e Union as a slave state. The President this set for acheiving statehood became a major issue until the abolition of slavery.
- Once chased the Secretary of the Treasury out of the White House with a pair of fire tongs.