Career Research Project
- A degree name of security managing.
- Previous experience working in security.
- State licensing may be required.
- Security managers must be perceptive, communicate well with others and have the ability to lead and manage workers.
- Minimum for Entry: A 4-year degree
- Employers Prefer: A master's degree in security services management or computer and information systems security
- Skills/Courses: Courses in security, computer science, electronics, business management, law, police science, personnel, and information management
- Certification/Licensing: Certification is available.
University of Denver
The Security Management master's degree and graduate certificate are offered online at the University of Denver to meet the needs of busy adults. Security management professionals are in high demand and University College prepares graduates to meet this demand with unparalleled competence and success. The Security Management degree features three master's degree concentrations or graduate certificates: Emergency Planning and Response, Information Security, and Organizational Security—each offering the most innovative instruction from leading professional practitioners who work in the fields they teach.
"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." -Vince Lombardi