No-strain tomato basil pasta
Ultimate one-pot dinner that will blow your mind.
- 12 ounces pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular, not low sodium)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, garnish
1. Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil in a large stock pot.
2. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
3. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
5. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot. Reduce as desired.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Sue Gurney. Be sure to share it on your Facebook timeline, Pin or Tweet it! Join us for healthy alternatives and weight loss support at Simply The Best You...Healthy and Happy.