Resources for Creation of a PSA
What is my place in the world? What do I stand for?
Elements of an Effective PSA
- Express a point of view
- Call to action factor
Considerations for Your PSA
- Who is your targeted audience?
- What persuasive techniques would work for your targeted audience?
- Will your PSA have music? Acting? Text?
Tools for Creating a PSA
Software Tools: Photostory 3
- http://www.jakesonline.org/photostory3.pdf (handout tutorial)
- http://safeshare.tv/w/uoNsnRAWPB (video tutorial)
App Tool: Shadow Puppet Edu
Pre-Production (Before Lab)
- Music saved to student drive/jumpdrive
- Pictures saved to student drive/jumpdrive
- Cited sources for pictures and music
- 3 days in computer lab
- Create, edit, finalize PSA
- Save PSA to homework drive
6.13.A explain messages conveyed in various forms of media
Fig. 19.E summarize, paraphrase, and synthesize texts in ways that maintain meaning and logical order within a text and across texts
6.13.B recognize how various techniques influence viewers’ emotion