Please look through the following foods and answer the questions that go along with them.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients - Makes 30 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt
Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
Ingredients - Makes 24 brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare and frost brownie with CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING, if desired. Cut into bars.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese and add 1 cup sugar, flour and salt until blended. Add eggs, one at a time and blend.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and lemon extracts. Gently stie in blueberries. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. (Cheesecake will be done when it still jiggles in the middle.) Turn off oven and let remain in oven with door open for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Cover and chill cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Lightly mix Cool Whip and 1/4 cup of sour cream. Spread over cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting.
- Note: Refrigeration time is not included.
Ingredients for the burgers: Makes 4 burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (15 to 20 percent fat content)
- 8 bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar, Swiss, or American cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced pickles
- Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard