The two genootyes are "G" and "g"
The possiblilities are 75% green flowers and 25% yellow flowers.
The homozygous outcomes are 2/4 because one of the squares is "GG" and another one was "gg" and the other one was "Gg" and "Gg"
The heterozygous outcomes are 2/4 because two out of four of the punnett square are "Gg" and the other squares are homozygous.
The difference is that asexual reproduction is reproduction without sex. It is when one single cell organism copies itself and makes a clone of itself, therefore it is just another copy. While as offsprings are reproduced by sex. This causes the baby to inhereit the genes of both parents, not just making a copy themsleves.
- Adaption: a change or the process of change by which an organism or species becomes better suited to its environment.
- Evloution: the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
- Species: a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding.
- Gene: a unit of heredity that is transferred from a parent to offspring and is held to determine some characteristic of the offspring.
- Genetic: of or relating to genes or heredity.
- Sexual reproduction: the production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types (sexes). In most higher organisms, one sex (male) produces a small motile gamete that travels to fuse with a larger stationary gamete produced by the other (female).
- Asexual reproduction: is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which almost never involves ploidy or reduction. The offspring will be exact genetic copies of the parent, except in the specific case of automixis.
Genetic diversity strengthens a population by increasing the likelihood that at least some individuals will be able to survive major disturbances, and by making the group less susceptible to inherited disorders.