7th grade English class 7th period
In what ways did the 1960's olympics have an impact on America?
1960 summer olympics
- -Was held in Rome,Italy
- -From U.A.S there was 4,727 men and 611 women participating
- -Opening ceremony was on August 25, 1960
- -Closing ceremony was on september 11, 1960
1960 olympics basketball team
- -Winning game average of 42.4 points per game
- -There was 12 players on the team
- -The U.S.A 1960 olympic team was one of the best amateur teams in basketball history
- -Won 34 gold, 21 silver, 16 bronze medals
- -Flag bearer was Rafer Johnson
- -Did 147 events in 17 sports
- -Won the 800 meters at the 1960 games in Rome
- -Set world record for 800 meters with 1min an 44.3 sec.
- -Set world record for mile with 3min an 54.4 sec
The 1960 olympics had a great impact on America. The 1960 summer olympics was a great year for the U.S they won in so many events and after that year the U.S won more an more gold for the U.S.A.I think the 1960 olympics was a motivation the U.S.