In any large community like the Navy, Law Enforcement & Security are essential. Whether executing crime prevention programs or carrying out anti-terrorism measures, the Sailors working in the law enforcement and security field of America’s Navy are trained to deal with any situation.
Security professionals in America’s Navy – also known as Masters at Arms (MAs) provide security, implement policy and preserve stability within the Fleet. They’re equipped with the latest law enforcement tools and techniques for keeping the peace.
The Law Enforcement and Security community provides a wide range of critical services to every part of the Navy. As a Master at Arms you may:
- Provide security and physical protection for servicemembers
- Train fellow Sailors in security and shore patrol duties
- Serve as a security advisor for your squadron
- Assist in crowd control and riot prevention
- Operate military prisons (brigs) on board ships
- Handle and care for dogs that detect narcotics and explosives
- Conduct waterborne security patrol and interdiction operations
- Provide protective service to high ranking dignitaries and government officials
- Conduct preliminary investigations into UCMJ violations
- Conduct crime prevention programs
- Operate brigs (jails)