Weapons of Mass Creation Festival
Cleveland Public Theatre - August 16-18, 2013 wmcfest.com
- The Weapons of Mass Creation Fest is the premier art, design, and music event in the Midwest. Now in its fourth year, 1,200+ attendees will descend upon Cleveland for three days in August to see 20 speakers, 20 designers, and over 30 bands. Creative professionals, entrepreneurs, musicians, artists, students, and fans will gather to learn, get inspired, collaborate, network, and celebrate together.
- Some have compared WMC Fest to SXSW, Brooklyn Beta, FITC, or the 99% Conference but with an indie/diy flavor. We aren’t exactly trying to be like them, but the comparison is flattering nonetheless. It’s part conference, part concert, part art show, and part festival. It’s simply WMC Fest!
- Attendees will enjoy 10 inspiring talks per day on the subjects of graphic design, art, entrepreneurship, leadership, productivity, creativity, and more.
- WMC also includes a jaw-dropping art and design show highlighting both local and regional talent. You can expect to see some amazing work. This won’t be like your typical art show with oil paintings, crafts, or abstract modern art. Think album art, t-shirt design, typography, poster art, toy design, fashion design, and illustration.
- WMC Fest is a place you go to experience raw and authentic music so intimate that it gives you chills. Musically, expect a diverse and creative sound with a proudly independent spirit.
- WMC Fest is about creative movement. Since 2010, break dancing has been a big part of WMC. Experience freestyle cyphers, a kids breakdance competition, and crew battles for cash prizes. Bboys and Bgirls from around the country come in to take part.
- Tickets are going fast and may be sold out by August 16, so get yours now! https://wmcfest.com/tickets/