1. From the above Punnett Square, identify the two genotypes- The genotypes are the letters on the outside of the box.
2. From the above Punnett Square, identify all possible outcomes(phenotypes) if G=Green flowers and g=yellow flowers- There is a three fourth chance that the color is going to be green. And a one fourth chance that the color is going to be yellow.
3. From the above Punnett Square, identify how many homozygous outcomes you have- Two homozygous out comes.
4. From the above Punnett Square, identify how many heterozygous outcomes you have- Two heterozygous out comes.
5. Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction- Because all us kids have more then one gene so you can have many different out comes. And if you it less have one gene then you have a possible chance of having one out come.
6. Adaptation- A change or the process of change by which an organism or species becomes better suited to its environment.
7. Evolution- The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
8. Species- A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial.
9. Gene- A distinct sequence of nucleotides forming part of a chromosome, the order of which determines the order of monomers in a polypeptide or nucleic acid molecule which a cell (or virus) may synthesize.
10. Genetic- Of or relating to genes or heredity.
11. Sexual Reproduction- The production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types (sexes). In most higher organisms, one sex (male) produces a small motile gamete that travels to fuse with a larger stationary gamete produced by the other (female).
12. Asexual Reproduction- Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which almost never involves ploidy or reduction.
14, Explain the survival value of genetic variation- It is the survival of the fittest so you want to get the gene that is more dominate and will help you survive in that area they live in.