Consumer Bill of Rights
- Consumers have the right to a safe product--one that will not harm their health or lives.
- Consumers have the right to be informed for protection against fraudulent, deceitful, or grossly misleading information and to be given the facts needed to make informed choices.
- Consumers have the right to choose--to have available a variety of products and services at competitive prices.
- Consumers have the right to be heard--the guarantee that consumer interest will be listened to when laws are being written.
- Consumers have the right to redress--the ability to obtain from the manufacturers adequate payment if their product causes financial or physical damage.