My Seventh Grade Year
Top ten moments
1. Camp: the experience of camp was a fun, wet, and interesting five days. From lying in the river to sweating my happiness away on the first day when it was 85 degrees out. The camp fires, skit night, and ghost in the graveyard were all very fun. There were many pictures taken.
2. Spring Break: Spring Break was very fun! It was fun being able to spend Easter with my family. When I had free time I usually went over to my friends house or had baseball/ football practices. Spring Break was also my pig out time when it comes to food. All of the left over Easter dinners and brunches really came in handy when it came time for a snack.
3.Football: The football season was a huge success! we went undefeated and pretty much destroyed every team we faced! I played wide receiver and linebacker. The bonds we made will stay with us for the rest of our lives and we will hopefully continue to play dominating football all the way through high school.
5. Anthem Day: It started off extreamly interesting (in a good way) with our journey beginning with the lovely Mrs. Nailer giving us our tickets and our first step in the road of trials. When we got down to Kwals room, that's when the fun really began! Some very fine looking fella named chuzzlewhit gave us our tasks we had to complete in order to not have to take a test. He gave us one ticket each which we could use as a supernatural aid. Some of the trials were very fun and others were fun and difficult at the same time.
6. Outsiders' Day: Dressing up was very fun because I could pretty much what ever I wanted and not care if I looked bad because everyone else did too. Also putting the vaseline and cotton balls on our nose was one of my favorite actitives all year, getting candy was also a huge plus.
7. Track Season: Track was really fun! It was also really cold at some meets which wasn't that fun. I liked Mr. Burns as a coach because he was really laid back and understood if you had other sporting events or school work to do instead of track. Also a lot of my friends were in track which made the meets a lot more fun because we could talk and mess around until one of our events were up.
8: First Baseball Game of the Season: Our first baseball game of the season was in a tournament. We ended up runner-ups in that tournament but it was okay because it was the first time we played outside all season.
9.Radio Dramas: That was an extremely fun activity! Even though there was a lot of work, it was fun work and I enjoyed doing it because we laughed a ton and we also got a good grade on it! Half of time we were laughing at Maddy doing the weirdest things in the corner next to us and behind the bookshelf on the day we had to do the final.
10. Image Is Powerful Activity: It was very interesting to see people thought process through that whole unit. The book and the face were both extremely time consuming, but fun. The face really tested my coloring ability most of all which was the toughest task because I'm not exactly the best at art.
There were so many amazing HELA moments it's hard to mention just a few, But my top three favorite HELA moments were probably Chuzzlewit, Radio Dramas, and the image is powerful section. Chuzzlewit was fun because Kowalski's acting was superb, also the activities were extremely fun and challenging. Radio Dramas were fun because we got to work with our friends and make our own scripts which at times was difficult, and other times it was the funniest thing in the world. Val, Jack, Frank and I were all really nervous during the final presentation of our drama until we got started and then we just started doing it like we have been in class practicing for it. Finally the image is powerful section was fun because I thought that the opinions and reactions on different people and different societies was very interesting. The book was an enjoyable read, but it also made you think about bigger things in life, like what will change society and how it will be altered in the future.
7th Grade Science
I don't know how Mr. Klim was, but I know that Mrs. Burton was great! She is so interactive, fun, and creative. The junk box challenges were always one of my favorite things to do because you made things with everyday objects that you would have never believed you were capable of making. You also go outside a lot during her class (excluding winter) which was a fun, quick brain break to get your mind off of school for a while and just run around. She was also a great teacher and got what you needed to know across very fast and efficient.
Everything about camp was amazing! Even the food wasn't half bad. At first I thought the activities would be boring and have a lot to do with school, but they actually had very little if anything to do with school. Free time was also a blast because everyone was up at the field and it was like a recess where we could do anything we wanted. My councilor was also fun, I don't think you could've really gone wrong with a councilor, but a win is a win I guess! The dance at the end was probably the most fun part, except after it when one your cabin mates drank 16, not kidding, 16 cans of pop. So you could imagine he was bouncing off of the walls for a good two hours but it was the last night so I guess he had some sort of excuse.
7th Grade In General
I loved every bit of seventh grade this year because there is not one dull moments this whole year, your either having fun with you friends, playing sports, or drooling over Cherry Valence a.k.a. Yummy. From sports to everyday school you're always with your friends and funny creative teachers. Lunches were the times where we could pig out and laugh at the same time at stupid things our friends did. Dances were always fun even though I couldn't go to most of them because of sports, but the formal is always the best because everyone is looking fly.
My Precept: Change the way you think and broaden your perspective it will allow you to gain more knowledge without loosing originality in the process.