Total settlement of $ 52.5 million
Approximately two million people IN QC. could be compensated
1998 QC. Ice Storm Class Action Settlement
Look What I found
$50 BUCKS IN YOUR POCKET
The approval hearing of the Settlement Agreement reached between Option Consommateurs and 15 insurance companies to settle the action commenced following the January 1998 ice storm will be held in Montreal on October 25, 2013 at the Québec Superior Court, All the information here is copied from their web site.
Pursuant to the Settlement Agreement, the 15 insurance companies agree to pay 40 million dollars to settle the class action. For full details please check their web site All individuals who meet the following criteria will receive compensation payable by cheque and mailed to the address found in their home insurance policy file dating back to 1998:
CRITERIA TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION1. All individuals who, in January 1998, had a home insurance policy with one of the following 15 insurance companies listed:
- Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
- Aviva Insurance Company of Canada (formerly General Accident Assurance Company
- Desjardins General Insurance Inc.
- Industrial Alliance Auto and Home Insurance Inc.
- La Capitale General Insurance Inc.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- L’Unique General Insurance Inc.
- Optimum Insurance Company Inc.
- Promutuel Verchères Société Mutuelle d’assurance Générale
- SSQ General Insurance Company
- The Canadian Union Insurance Company
- The Missiquoi Insurance Company
- The Personal General Insurance Inc.
- The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company and
- Traders General Insurance Company
Banny Bar, Your Montreal Trusted Real Estate Broker For Life
firstname.lastname@example.org 514-967 1900