By: Señora English
Peru is beautiful country located in South America. One of its most famous landmarks is the ancient Machu Picchu, shown in the picture below, but it has many great places to visit and things to see.
Facts About Peru
- Population: 17.8 million people
- National Language: Spanish is the main language, but many people speak a language called Quechua as well.
- Capital City: Lima, Peru (population of 8 million people)
- Neighboring Countries: Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, and Chile.
- Currency: Nuevo Sol
Famous Places in Peru
- Machu Picchu: The famous ruins of an Inca holy site.
- Lima: Peru's biggest city.
- Andes Mountains: Beautiful mountains with pretty hikes.
Spanish Expressions from Peru
- Expression 1:
- Expression 2:
- Expression 3:
Climate and Geography
Peru has very diverse geography. Much of it is in the Andes Mountains, and it is famous for the local people who live in the mountains near places like Machu Picchu. It also has beautiful lakes and national parks. In the winter, it is cool and damp, and in the summer it is warmer and sunnier.