Everything I Need to Know, I'm Learning in Kindergarten
For the week of August 18th
Each day we will be wearing a different color. The color order is:
Monday: Red, Tuesday: Yellow, Wednesday: Blue, Thursday: Green, Friday: Orange
We will be introducing "read to self" and building our STAMINA in order to read books independently. We are trying to build the amount of time that the class can read independently. We will be evaluating the children's knowledge of letter names and sounds. We will introduce and review letters with new characters and songs.
Sight Words: I & See
We will add our names to the word wall. We will notice that books are more interesting with details and introduce "fancy cake" writing (adding details to pictures).
We will work on counting and numeral writing.
We are introducing the color words for the next few weeks and invite your child to dress in that color of the day. We will learn how to read and spell each color word through songs and activities.
- Yellow folders will come home every Friday. Please take out the papers and return the folder with your child on Monday.
- Please send a September snack in the next week or so. Send a snack for 22 children. Please note that Mrs. Norton and Mrs. Bonham's class cannot have any food that says it contains peanuts or tree nuts. Please also look if it is processed with those products. Thank you!
- We are working hard on following the school rules of : Be Nice, Work Hard, and Be Safe. Review these with your child!
- Please plan on attending our Parent Information Evening next Thursday, August 21st at 6:00. We will be sharing important information regarding your child's kindergarten year! Looking forward to seeing you there!
We have been noticing environmental print around our school. Please send something to school that your child can recognize and "read". Examples: candy bar wrappers, cereal labels, sack from restaurant. Thanks!
- 8-21: Parent Information Evening 6:00
- 8-28: Papa John's Pizza Night
- 9-1: NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
- 9-10: Fall Picture Day
- 9-11: Early Release 1:45
- 9-12: NO SCHOOL (Teacher Professional Development)
Monday: Day 4, Tuesday: Day 1, Wednesday: Day 2, Thursday: Day 3, Friday: Day 4 (Check your child's teacher website for special order)