Reese Peanut Butter Egg Recipe
Why wait for Easter to dig into this seasonal treat?
- 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 0.25 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 toothpicks
- 1-8" x 10" piece parchment or wax paper
- Optional: sprinkles or drizzling chocolate for decoration
1. Combine peanut butter, powered sugar and butter and mix until uniform.
2. Add milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time, mix and work dough until all milk is used. Dough should be uniform, thick and pliable, like PlayDough.
3. Roll and press chunks of dough into egg shapes. Freeze for one hour.
4. Once peanut butter dough is frozen, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds to one minute at a time, stirring between nukes, until chocolate is completely melted and very smooth. Don't overcook chocolate!
5. Using toothpicks, poke peanut butter dough and dip in melted chocolate. Completely cover peanut butter egg with chocolate.
6. Roll egg in air and let excess chocolate drip off, leaving even layer of chocolate. Dip once more, if needed.
7. Let peanut butter eggs cool on parchment paper. Trim extra chocolate once eggs reach room temperature.
8. Decorate (if desired) with drizzled chocolate lines or sprinkles.