What's for brunch?
Raspberries + Muenster: the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich
Prep time: 5 minutes Makes: 2 servings
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp raspberry preserve
- Mayonnaise (or butter)
1. Slather mayonnaise (or butter, if you must) on one slide of sourdough slices. Then carefully slather raspberry preserves on the opposite sides of the slices.
2. Place slices, mayonnaise-side down, on a griddle or low-heat grill. Cover each slice with 1.5 slices of muenster cheese. Heat until melty.
3. Add fresh raspberries to two slices and top each slice with the other two pieces of bread.
4. Heat sandwiches, flipping occasionally, until raspberries are warm (almost juicing) and the cheese is gooey. Use medium-low heat to prevent burning.
5. Carefully transfer to plates and serve right away.