Ms. Gaul's Gazette #3
what's trending this week
- January 21 - MLA Quiz due
- January 22 - Persuasive Writing Discussion Board Post
- January 23 - Narrative Writing Discussion Board Post
16 Week Schedule
- January 20 - Intro. Discussion Board Post
- January 22 - Literary Terms Quiz
- January 23 - Society Discussion Board Post
Live Help this Wednesday at 8pm
This week's session has been changed due to schedule conflict.
Come for help on writing a thesis statement for Your Persuasive Writing Discussion Board Post. After a quick mini-lesson and some games, you'll have time to write and ask me questions about the work.
Thesis Statement Resources
- Here's a great step-by-step tutorial: http://johnmcgarvey.com/apworld/student/thesiscrea...
Practice Making an Argument
Who doesn't love arguing? But arguing is different from making a logical case with evidence.
Ever tried to win a disagreement? In Argument Wars, you will try out your persuasive abilities by arguing a real Supreme Court case. The other lawyer is your competition. Whoever uses the strongest arguments wins!
You don't need to log in to play, here's the link: https://www.icivics.org/games/argument-wars
What would you do with Super Powers?
For your narrative story, try choosing the first option only. Watch these videos on Superhero science to learn more about how each superpower would really work in the real world. Here's a link to all of the videos: http://ed.ted.com/series/?series=superhero-science
Email Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the discussion boards to see if another student is struggling with the same topic.
Come to my weekly synchronous sessions for extra tutoring!
Check emails daily for updates, reminders, and additional information!