What Physical Therapist do......Although many physical therapists practice in hospitals, more than 80 percent practice in:
- Outpatient clinics or offices
- Inpatient rehabilitation facilities
- Skilled nursing, extended care, or subacute facilities
- Education or research centers
- Industrial, workplace, or other occupational environments
- Fitness centers and sports training facilities
Physical Therapists earn about... The median annual wage for physical therapists was$79,860 in 2012, according to the BLS. The best-paid 10 percent of workers in the category made $112,020, while the bottom 10 percent made $55,620. The highest wages are for home health care and consulting positions.