Photo Essay Assignment
In many of our texts this year, we've explored the concept of duality. Consider Invisible Man, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, and more; all texts explore the dual nature of individuals. We all have a double personality in some ways. You will explore that dual nature in a photo essay.
- Identify the topic and the theme of your photo essay. The photo essay should develop a personal narrative that paints a picture of experiences with duality that are relevant to you.
- Select 6 – 10 (12-20 if working in a group) photographs or images to include in your photo essay. These photos or images may be your own (Tackk syncs with Instagram), or copied from internet sources. If you are copying from external sources, be sure to cite the source.
- Create a photo essay in Tackk.
- In an introductory paragraph, provide background about the selected theme, details about what makes these photos representative of duality, and a description of why this duality is important to identify. Your introduction should prepare your audience for the images that are to follow.
- Following the introductory paragraph, include the photographs or images, displaying them as artistically and as well as you can.
- Provide one-two sentence captions for each of your photos. The captions should explain the image and connect it to your theme.