Benefits of an Automatic Paper Folder
Paper folders are always handy for any enterprise – including schools, print shops, quick-copy centers, banks and mail-houses – as they are great for folding pamphlets, statements, invoices and correspondence. Usually, paper folders can fold anywhere from 4,000 to 115,000 sheets per hour depending on the model of the machine. Different types of folders are available in the market for different types of jobs. While making a buying decision, you need to select the one that suits all your requirements. Although you can find both manual paper folders and automatic paper folders in the low price range, automatic paper folder takes the cake when it comes to the ease of use and maintenance.
Let’s have a look at the benefits offered by automatic paper folder.
Automatic paper folders do not need more than a single employee working on them and so it helps in channelizing the workforce into other required areas efficiently.
- The speed of folding papers is infinitely more than the manual paper folders or when done by hand.
- Automatic paper folders help in reducing wide format printer operating costs as well as labor costs associated with storage and retrieval of wide format prints.
- As automatic paper folders improve the operator’s functionality and efficiency, the productivity goes up along with the profitability.
- It’s quite easy to integrate automatic paper folders with many wide format copier/printers, leading to seamless workflow integration and better productivity with reduced costs of operations.
- When the documents are large, automatic paper folders can handle them with minimum number of folds to minimize packet thickness. The reduced folds, in turn, are beneficial in two ways: they allow better readability when the documents are unfolded and they allow more packets to be shipped per box or envelope.
- Automatic paper folders are highly flexible as they can be adjusted to match any organization’s storage and distribution requirements.
- Advanced automatic paper folders offer multiple functions such as binding, stapling and filing to allow wide format documents to be combined with other office-sized documents.
- Although automatic paper folders are bit expensive initially, they continuously offer costs savings throughout their life in the form of reduced manpower required to fold papers and enhanced efficiency in the storage of physical documents.